Next pajama party is: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 8pm est. This month I’ll be partying using the AWESOME December 2013 Aspen Kit from Club Scrap! And I’ll be giving away another FABULOUS Club Scrap kit! A lucky participant will be eligible to win a Club Scrap Aspen Lite Kit, filled with yummy goodness for your crafting pleasures!
Here is how it will work:
On Wednesday of the Scrapbook Pajama Party, I will post a sketch and list of basic supplies on the iclassygirl.com blog.
Before you log in to join the fun on Wednesday night: Grab the sketch and list of supplies at http://www.iclassygirl.com
, put on your pj’s and then log in to enjoy the LIVE Spreecast and chat. Create with me and a bunch of your online scrappy pals!
I’ll be live-streaming from 8pm est. We’ll make a layout and card featuring layering…per your request. YES! You’ll get to watch my creative process and have fun chatting LIVE…and I may throw in a fun technique or two!
Won’t you join me? You may need to create a Spreecast account here to join the fun!
Sign up NOW and RSVP to let me know you’re coming! I will provide a link to each event, as it become available.
Join me in 2014 in creating a 5 year journal! What is a 5 year journal? It is a journal you keep for 5 years. The first year you answer a question each day. You can answer with one quick line each day. Year 2-5 you answer the same question, on the same page as you did in year one, making it easy to compare and see how your life has changed or perhaps stayed the same! Make your own journal or buy one! I’ll be making a journal and sharing it in the next couple of days!
- Who will be asking the questions? I will on the 5 Year Journal Facebook Page here. I am compiling questions from a variety of books and online resources, family and friends.
- Will you have a list of the questions or will I need to visit the page daily? I will provide a list at the beginning of each month here on the blog and on the 5 Year Journal Facebook Page. Also, I will be creating my own handmade journal which will have all the questions, pages to write on, tabs etc. and will make this available to you(via download), as well. Great for crafty people who want to create their own or for those who just want to slip into a 3 ring binder or 3 prong folder.
- Can I invite my friends? Absolutely! The more the merrier. Just send them a link to the 5 Year Journal Facebook Page.
- Are there other journal options? Sure, you can simply buy a blank journal and write the dates in yourself. Get crafty, make an altered album, ATC’s, art journal spiral bound journal, create a card file or whatever your crafty heart desires. I even saw a 5 year journal at a store some with questions, some blank. However, I am a crafty girl so I wanted to make my own!
At this time each year, I get the CRAFTING BUG! I get so jazzed about the coming new year and all the crafty possibilities it holds. I start thinking about things I want to learn, do, try. Does this happen to you?
I’m so excited, I’ve already started on a few of these goals.
Here is my list of crafty intentions for 2014:
- Learn to Crochet and/or Knit (started knitting a scarf using a knitting loom).
- Learn more painting techniques.
- Create a “painted page” album.
- Do a Smash Book Album
- Do some Project Life Pages
- Do a 5 Year Journal…Who wants to do this one with me??? It’s a question each day 365 days of the year and then you answer the same questions each day for the next 5 years to see how you have changed/progressed! YES!
- Color an image.
- Use my Cricut at least once a month(currently I NEVER use it)
- Use my Cuttlebug at least once a month(I used it this week for the first time! See above. LOL!)
- Create several mini albums
- Create cards for others(in progress…the cards above are being sent out this week)
- Make handmade gifts for others (at least 2..well I am making 5 before the year ends)
- Create Christmas Cards ALL YEAR so I don’t feel rushed at the end of the year. Currently, I make a card with the leftovers whenever I make a layout, that card will for the entire year be a Christmas Card. I already have a good stash of the other sentiments made. This goal, I started last month. Moving right along! Woohoo!
What’s on your list?
Well, if you know me then you know that I celebrate my birthday, all weekend, all week or all month-long. This year it’s my BIRTHDAY WEEK! Woohoo! Each day I do something to celebrate this most fabulous occasion. LOL!
This year to celebrate I am making a card, each day through my birthday, December 8, to mail to lift the spirits of someone who needs it.
I asked for NO gifts this year for my birthday or for Christmas. Instead, I plan to do for others and I’d rather have experiences. Therefore, I think from here on out, the holidays will be about new experiences…traveling, museums, fairs, time with family and friends, a new hobby, a concert, giving, learning about someone else or another culture or new skill, trying something different.
This year, I am simply giving!
Above, is the 1st card I made to send, along with a YUMMY GIANT caramel, dark chocolate, pecan covered apple Julie gave to me for my birthday. There is also a bouquet of flowers from dh to kick off this AWESOME birthday week! Woohoo!
Happy Birthday to ME!
Woohoo! It’s a great day to save!
For all you great crafters out there, today thru Sunday you can save 35% on iClassygirl.com classes, books, workshops and even on the FABULOUS Creative Circle! Woohoo!
Check out our CLASSROOM here and sign up today! No code necessary. Discount taken at check out!
See ya in class,